MELISSA G. RUA, ESQ.
Attorney Rua began her legal career working as a paralegal for over ten years before graduating law school, cum laude.
Attorney Rua exclusively handles family law matters, including divorce, legal separation, annulment, custody, child support, alimony, and post judgment matters. Attorney Rua places her focus on negotiating cases and bringing them to settlement when possible. When a settlement is not attainable, Attorney Rua fights aggressively for her clients in the court room.
Attorney Rua is a member of the Fairfield County Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association. She is admitted to practice law in the Connecticut state courts.
When she is not fighting for her clients, Attorney Rua enjoys quiet movie nights at home and spending time with her family, which include two children and five pets (2 dogs and 3 cats).
· Divorce Litigation
· Child Custody
· Child Support
· Post Judgement modifications
· Out of state child support modifications
· Father’s Rights
· Restraining Orders
· Quinnipiac University School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
· Sacred Heart University, Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
· Member, Connecticut Bar Association
· Member, Fairfield County Bar Association